,

Working with Wordpress

Wednesday, June 3, 2009 Leave a Comment

I started with my new client for a few weeks now, and mostly I've been dealing with Wordpress as a CMS. Wordpress in itself is quite powerful yet very simple to use. Its flexibility is known to every web developers and website owners.

With its flexibility, its quite easy to make it behave as a CMS, and most people are doing this. And this is where I encountered my issues. My client uses Wordpress as a CMS for his clients.

I've been using Wordpress in some of my blogs and I am very happy working with it. But, frankly, why use a blogging web app as a CMS. It's like walking with your hands. Possible but not appropriate.

There are simple CMS web apps out there that does the job perfectly. I'm not saying that Wordpress should also try to be a CMS. Its flexibility makes that very possible.

All I'm saying is blogging is blogging, CMS is CMS.

Well, I guess to each his own.

0 comments »