, , ,

My Try in Vector Art

Friday, March 20, 2009 Leave a Comment

The other day, I tried creating vector art. It was nice and simple since I'm not really an artist. However, I'm leaning towards that path. I find creating graphics exciting and interesting.

I learned from several masters namely James Alocelja and Kiev Basaca. But, I'm not yet totally satisfied with what I've done. They looked flat and boring. So I searched for several techniques on the Internet. One tutorial I found was polishing vector arts.

As they said, it's true that vector arts tend to be flat and somewhat lifeless. By polishing vector arts, you create emotions and depth on the art. This really brings out the beauty on vector and raster graphics alike.

So I tried those techniques on what I've done and this is what I got.


The first one is the vector art I made using Inkscape and the other is the same image polished in The GIMP.

I really need to practice more in the field of Graphics Designer/Web Designer areas. Hmm.. I got to find myself some more mentors.

0 comments »